The office of the DIS
(GIRLS) Dharamsala was opened by Sh. K.L. Kapoor, D.C. and
Chairman D.B.Kangraon May 20th 1954 and the building
constructed by The L & C Co-operative society of Dari (the old
building of DEO Kangra).
Prior to May/June
1963 the present office of the Dy.Director of Education office was
designated as District Inspector of Schools separately for Boys
For Girls –
Smt.N.Amber was DIS Kangra district.
For Boys –
Smt.KartarKaur was DIS Kangra.
organization, the first DEO was Sh.P.N.Paul, PES-I.Assistant
District Inspector of schools who were performing their jobs under
sub division wise were redesigned as Block Education Officers both
for Boys and Girls community block level after organization of the
department. The above system was remained operative up to
31-10-1966 before reorganization of state of Punjab and H.P. and
creation of Haryana state wef 01-11-1966.
1963,Punjab Government organized the Education department and
both the District Inspector of Schools and in each districts of
Punjab were one officer designated under District Education
Officer of the respective districts with full power of
appointments and transfers. For transfer of Teaching and
Non-teaching the circle Education Officer of Kangra district was
under CEO Jalandhar under Punjab Government .The Director of
Education was designated as Director of Public Inspections,
Punjab. Our first DPI was Dr.J.D.Sharma, IAS.
The salaries of
Middle school staff were drawn and disbursed by the District
Education officers with powers of controlling officers.
The first Deputy
Director of Education (North Zone) was Sh.Bidhi Chand and at present
Sh. Desh Raj Sharma is working as Deputy Director of Hr. Education
Situated in the
foothhills of mighty and splendid Dhauladhar mountains, Deputy
Director office situated in Kacheri near mini secretariat
adjoining other government offices and is around 400 meters away
from H.P. Board of School Education, Dharamshala and 500 meters
away from HPCA cricket stadium Dharamshal.
office was running in old building which was constructed on 1954
and at present the Deputy Director office is situated in newly
constructed building which was inaugurated on 5 January 2005.